About us / General information
Union of Disabled People Organizations (UDPO) of the Republic of Azerbaijan
The registration Certificate number: N 1105-Q4-1720. It was founded by 8 members of DPOs in 2003 and officially registered in 16.04.2005. There are 45 organizations of people with disability in UDPO at moment. We have resource centers in Gabala and Gazax regions. One of the organizations is International, 4 organizations regional, the rest are of Republican status. 4 organizations are the members of International structures. (Disabled People International DPI, International organization of blind, World Deaf Union, International Hemophiliac Association)
UDPO is the member of the:
· World Disability Union · International Union of Organizations People with Disability · Global Call to Actions Against Poverty, · The Working Group for United Nations’ Convention "On the rights of people with disabilities" · The independent group of experts under the Ombudsman · Ministry of Labor and Social Protection Population:
- member of the commission "medical rehabilitation of people with disabilities, and to contribute to the solution of the social problems”.
- Member of the “Public council”
- - Member of of the Azerbaijan National Platform of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum
Structure: General Assembly, Board, Commission of Monitoring. President, Secretary, Expert group, Universal Design center. Aim: The main purpose of UDPO is to linking disabled organization’s activity with each other acting in Azerbaijan, protecting their interest and positions. Women in Guidance – 60 % The mission of the organization.
People with disabilities in Azerbaijan uniting and working in many different activities of this organizations stimulate promotion of equal rights and opportunities in community.
The objectives of the organization
- To coordinate the activities of disability organizations in solving problems
- Ensuring participation
- Capacity Building
- Team work habits to ensure transparency and sustainability
Address: M.C. Mammadzade 166a street, Yasamal district, Baku city, AZ1138, Azerbaijan Republic
Phone: (+994 12) 434 48 36, mobile: (+994 50) 371 03 02
Phone/Fax: (+994 12) 434 93 29
email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org