The 20th session of the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights on the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- 30/9/2020 President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva met with wounded servicemen undergoing treatment at Central Military Clinical Hospital of Defense Ministry
- 29/2020 President Ilham Aliyev responded to questions in “60 minutes” program of Rossiya-1” TV channel l
AZERTAC reports that, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan responded to questions from the hosts on the program.
- 28/9/2020 Information by State Service for Mobilization and Conscription
Today Ilham Aliyev, the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Supreme Commander-in-Chief has signed decree “about declaring partly mobilization in the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
- 27/9/2020 President Ilham Aliyev appealed to people
- Armenian armed forced fired on our settlements, as well as our military positions, from several directions this morning, using various types of weaponry, including heavy artillery.
- 23/9/2020 Online discussion on the Web Accessibility Directive starts
Online discussion on the Web Accessibility Directive starts
- 16/9/2020 A student of Azerbaijan State University of Economics (UNEC) has become the national champion in “Creative Spark” competition held by the British Council with the support of the United Kingdom
In the online competition, the business idea titled “Kekalove adaptive fashion” of Mahammad Kekalov a third-year student of International School of Economics at UNEC, majoring in “Business Administration”, won both the Country Champion and “Social Impact” categories.
- 13/8/2020 President Ilham Aliyev viewed new LEVC TX London taxis delivered to Baku
Meeting modern standards, 100 new six-seat LEVC TX model of London taxis of the Baku Taxi Service Limited Liability Company under Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies are ready for service.
- 1/7/2020 Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum
It is vital to put people at the center of the response to the #COVID19 pandemic says Magnus Berge, participant of today 's WG5 meeting.
The recovery plan in the
- 18/6/2020 The closing conference of the "Promoting the Role of Civil Society in Gender-Sensitive Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals" project took place today
This 27-month project funded by the EU and implemented by UNDP in 37 regions of Azerbaijan, helped 662 women in Azerbaijan gain entrepreneurial skills and provided seed funding to 129 women to start their own business.
- 9/6/2020 "Union of Disabled People Organisations of Azerbaijan" has been accepted to the membership in ENİL as associated member.
- 3/6/2020 “Happy city accessible for all”
Creating accessible environment is one of the key conditions for ensuring independence of persons with disabilities. To achieve this, consideration of persons with disabilities of all categories and following the rules applicable to each of them create necessary conditions for their free movement. Special attention has to be paid to these issues in the disability field.
- 26/5/2020 UDPO provided equipment to 4 women with disabilities
One of the important issues in our country is to reduce economic dependence of people with disabilities through providing them with employment, in order to improve their financial situation and to raise their self-confidence. For this reason, ensuring their self-employment is always under the focus of Azerbaijani Government and UN Development Programme in Azerbaijan, therefore this area is given significant support.
- 25/5/2020 “Happy city accessible for all”
Within the public raising activities of the project, 2 educational billboards were placed in different parts of Lankaran city as well as an animation film was produced to be presented to wide public. A comparative analysis of international and national legislation was conducted and published. The objective is to inform wide audience about disability, and in particular about accessibility.
- 28/10/2019 Seminar dedicated to the rights of people with disabilities “Inclusive Education, Vocational Rehabilitation and Accessibility” was held in Baku.
Seminar dedicated to the rights of people with disabilities “Inclusive Education, Vocational Rehabilitation and Accessibility” was held in Baku on October 28, 2019 with the support of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, ABILIS Foundation Finland and the Union of Disabled People’s Organizations of Azerbaijan.